2.22.2006

footsteps rustling against the cement floor. the lrt train rumbling its way through the overpass. gray skies. again. i flipped through the page of the magazine i was reading and surprisingly got struck by what i saw. memories reel back in. too much to take after an unscheduled interview and a tiring day.

oh world, please give me anything to write but of melancholy that burns the tongues and hearts of poets and people alike.

i do not want to go on writing because sorrow makes my hand scribble the words i could've shared with the world. i do not want my heart to resign to open season for another heartbreak. i do not want to linger on things that i should leave way behind of me. because a minute wasted in regret is a moment of happiness i could never get back.

i want to stop for a while and be able to see things as i never did for the first time. to be able to say and mean that i lived for the moment and never looked back in dismay. i'd like to dream but not let it end just where my eyes close in slumber. i want to take a break from all the harshness of reality and let myself be. even for a second. because this world has had enough of tragic stories of you and me. more than enough that is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment