7.31.2012

Tokyo Trip Day 2: Akihabara and Shibuya Pt. 2


On to the 2nd day! We decided  to go back to Akihabara and Shibuya as we couldn't get enough of both places. We arrived in Akihabara early so we were able to experience the Japanese salespeople shouting at the top of their lungs to attract customers to their stores. It might work for some people but my siblings and me decided to keep good distance although it did provide good entertainment.:)

We were lucky enough that the weather was pleasant for most of the day.

Back at Don Quixote! The branch in Akihabara is right next to a Pachinko Slot building. At the entrance there are life-sized Evangelion figures. You wouldn't miss it.

Getting a picture with an Asuka Langley life-sized figure.

Inside Don Quixote. So many stuff including these too-cute-to-eat snacks!


My sister outside a Taito Station. Good thing we didn't give in to the urge of trying these games else we're gonna get hooked.o__o


Loving the outfit of the girl in blue.:)


After the Don Quixote shopping we headed back to the Atré mall where we were supposed to meet up with my mom and brother. There were some pretty nifty stuff in the mall and we ended up buying again. I bought for myself another magazine and a mouse pad of the railway station of Tokyo.


Another haul! I already have a favorite: Fujifilm Instax camera in white! Plus of course, japanese magazines like Vivi.<3 p="p">

Later in the day we went back to Shibuya. It was raining then and the bright lights complimented the gloomy weather.:)

A Don Quixote branch in Shibuya! It's near to the H&M store so you won't miss it.

What i loved most about Tokyo was that anywhere i went or stumbled into had that special charm. You don't need a guide to experience their culture, you just need your feet to take you where you wanted to go and surely you'd be captivated by what you'll find. Like this basement bookstore for example.:)

I have an innate love for bookstores. This one isn't an exception, especially seeing how quaint the store is and the items they're selling.

A guy taking his time in the book section.

They even sell Tamiya. i haven't seen these stuff in years!

We took a break at this small coffee shop called Caffé Sentito which is situated above a flower shop called Momoya.

The exhausted faces of my siblings.

I wasn't kidding when i said the place was small. But that was all part of the charm. It really makes me think how we could do this at home.. hmm.

The super friendly staff with our ordered drinks.:)

I almost didn't want to drink my coffee when she handed me my cup! It's just so cute!o__o

Wacky pictures with the staff. The one on the left is actually the owner. lol.

On our way back to the Ginza station. The bright lights of Shibuya is incomparable to anything i've seen.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment