5.21.2006

i heard my mobile phone ring. and i opened my eyes with the sun streaking down on me. it was eight in the morning. i must've dreamnt something because this particular verse in a song kept playing inside my head like a broken piece of record label. the words were broken too, in a way that they were sharp enough to slice through me like a birthday cake. i couldn't remember where i heard it, or if i did, what it meant when i heard it back then. i went downstairs for breakfast. hotdog and eggs. just perfect with coffee and the warm weather. i couldn't shove the verse away still, but it didn't matter. the sun was up and the chimes were singing with the wind as its background. it was beautiful. tragically beautiful. i finished my meal fast, there was no one else eating anyway. i slowly made my way to the office with my coffee in hand, sat and turned on the pc. it just felt like i have to write something. anything i could digress about. it's been long since i felt like doing so. minutes passed and i blinked. something was different. my eyes traced our garden and the sky, it was getting dark and i felt coldness rush through me. i reached for my coffee and took a sip. cold, too.

how sad it is that a moment of bliss could slip you just like that. that in every perfect instance, something's bound to bring an end to it. and in the second that that instance is gone, it all just feels so wrong.

i took a deep breath, my sister switched on the lights. i smiled, stood up and walked to the kitchen where the microwave was.

No comments:

Post a Comment