3.30.2007

after all, i could never make myself turn away.

writing on a piece of paper napkin with the traces of damp circles as accidental art. in realizations of me on days such as these. coffee in one hand and pen in the other, i keep my stance in facing the repercussions and musings of what life has been. my eyes wander aimlessly about the world in its course around me while my heart stays resigned in its silence.

this is where i hide away from everyone else and i find myself--in between the warm comfort of company and the freedom of independence. a nook among beautiful strangers who care less than give anyone a second glance.

and this is where i realize i've been waiting and trying to understand this. resting my chin at the back of my hand and peering past the stoplights and the cars; staring at the corner for something. anything. as if pieces of me have always waited here to be picked up.

i know i lost myself somewhere along the streetlights and pedestrians and the constant noise of horns and tires. i lost my thought somewhere here too. i just hope i can get them back.

..and get myself back.

No comments:

Post a Comment